Part I Application Process
** Note: Application form must be filled out BEFORE any other materials can be submitted!
Application Form (Application is now closed)
EUREKA Summer 2024 Program Dates: June 24-August 16, 2024
Required Application Materials:
All of the following must be received by the application deadline.
- Application form : Complete ASAP to generate a profile and receive reminders before deadline. All other application materials can only be submitted after completing this form, but may be submitted anytime before the deadline). Includes contact information, demographic information, and lab preferences (each applicant must provide the names of 4 potential faculty mentors; see FAQ page for questions about this requirement).
- Statement of interest (complete after submitting application form - applicants must respond to a series of questions [see below])
- CV/resume (PDF less than 2MB to be uploaded after submitting application form)
- Unofficial transcript(s) for all 2yr and 4yr colleges attended (Make sure all content is legible,PDF less than 2MB to be uploaded after submitting application form)
No letters of recommendation required for EUREKA Program!
Statement of Interest Prompt
Write a concise response to the following prompts. If you are applying to multiple programs, please check the 'How to Apply' section for prompts specific to each program.
- Discuss your interest in science and the qualities you possess that will make you a good scientist. What have you done, both in and out of the classroom, that demonstrates your motivation and interest in science? Give specific, recent examples.
- Briefly describe your research area of interest. This need not be based on research that you have done or are currently doing. We simply want to understand what areas interest you.
- Describe how this internship program will help you reach your current educational and career aspirations. How will you contribute to our Scholar community if you are accepted?
OPTIONAL: We acknowledge that every student has had unique life experiences that may not be captured in the above questions. The selection committee is interested in learning more about extenuating circumstances you may have encountered throughout your journey. If you have none to write about, please write "N/A".
Part II Interview/Selection Process
Approximately 3 weeks after submission deadline, students selected for interviews will be notified by email and asked to sign-up for an interview time. All communication will be via email and applicants should be sure their email address is correct and checked frequently. Though only some students will be selected for interviews, all applicants will be notified of the status of their application when interview/selection process is complete (approximately 4 weeks after application deadline).
Part III - Application Process (after selection)
To be completed after you have been selected for the program. Scholars will be notified via email about all requirements shortly after accepting a position in the program.
- A 1-page project proposal that you have arranged with your research sponsor. The proposal should include:
- Background information about the research area
- A specific discussion of the activities you will be doing in your research project
- A letter of support from your research sponsor indicating their support of your project. Your lab mentor should also be identified in this letter.
- Signed Intern Responsibility contract
- All waivers and liability releases
Note: ALL correspondence with applicants will be via email, including award decisions.